National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an intense six day, five night course held at Tanah Keeta Scout Reservation. NYLT gives Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts and Venturers methods, skills and experiences to become better leaders in their unit. The course centers around the concepts of what a leader must be, what he/she must know, and what he/she must do – with a clear focus on how to accomplish all this. NYLT courses are limited to 48 participants.
December 27 2017 - Jan 1, 2018 at Tanah Keeta Scout Reservation
- $210 Early Bird Paid by October 1, 2017
- $230 Paid after October 1, 2017
- $250 if not registered in Gulfstream Council
Senior Patrol Leader: Lee Porter
Course Director / Scoutmaster: Dave Naumann
Please read Application Thoroughly
- Be at least 13 years old
- Be at least First Class in rank (for Venturers, have an equivalent level of camping and outdoor skills)
- Have Scoutmaster/Crew Advisor approval
- Be willing to behave in accordance with the Scout Oath and Scout Law at N.Y.L.T
- Be Prepared mentally, emotionally and physically to handle a week of N.Y.L.T
- Be in attendance for the entire course.
- Have taken part in at least 1 (ideally 2+) weeks of resident Scout camp
- Be a “credit” to their unit—dedicated, conscientious, and responsible
- Be serving in, or about to serve in, a significant troop or crew leadership role
- Have good basic camping and outdoor skills
- Want to attend
Participants should NOT:
- Be those with significant homesickness issues or discipline problems
- Be Scouts who have never camped without a parent present
Participants who create problems for themselves or others by not following program rules, or by violations of law or of the Scout Oath or Scout Law, may be sent home at the discretion of the course leadership. No refunds will be given in the event of an early dismissal from N.Y.L.T.
Pre-requisites for staff are as follows:
- Youth: Must have attended NYLT and finished the course in good standing.
- Adults: Must have attended Wood Badge and finished the course in good standing.
- Applicants must submit a Staff application to the Course Director.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A WAY TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN BEING A MEMBER OF THE STAFF. All Staff positions are filled by the Course Director. An in-person interview may or may not be part of the selection process. If you have more questions please contact the Course Director for the specific course you are interested in staffing.