It is the vision of the Gulf Stream Council to provide every youth member safe, meaningful, and fun activities. Conducting an event in the Boy Scouts of America represents a partnership between a committee of volunteers and the policies and procedures of the Boy Scouts of America. By providing fun, high-quality programs, we instill memories in scouts and families that will last a lifetime.
Thank you for bringing the vision to life.
Council Program Staff
|Alec Connolly||Council Camping Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robert Ulrich||Program Assistantemail@example.com|
|Julia Leith||Program Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Event Planning Training
The Gulf Stream Council requires that all District/Council event organizers complete an in-person Event Planning Training facilitated by the Council Program Staff. See below for a list of upcoming training opportunities.
|August 8th, 2020||Tanah Keeta Scout Reservation||here|
Program Calendar for 2020-2021
We've made several changes to our event planning process for the 2020-21 program calendar year. See below for a list of changes and a "step-by-step" guide to getting your event on the calendar!
Changes for 2020-21
- We've consolidated the Event Info Form, Event Budget Form, and Facilities Request into one "Event Planning Workbook", which also includes a Tentaroo Event Info Form and Event Marketing Form.
- District Executives will now function as the Event Staff Adviser for all District events.
- The guidelines for event flyers have been updated.
The Step-by-Step Process
- The 2020-21 Program Calendar was built in coordination with our District Executives, District Program Chairs, and Council Event Chairs.
- Event Planning Workbooks are due from each event no later than July 25th, 2020. On August 1st, we will open our camps for unit/group reservations. These should be completed in conjunction with your Event Staff Adviser.
Who is my Event Staff Adviser?
- For District Events, work through your District Executive
- For Council Events, work with Robert Ulrich, Council Program Assistant.
- Once your Planning Workbook has been approved, our program team will create the event reservation, update the event page on the website, and build your registration.