It is the vision of the Gulf Stream Council to provide every youth member safe, meaningful, and fun activities. Conducting an event in the Boy Scouts of America represents a partnership between a committee of volunteers and the policies and procedures of the Boy Scouts of America. By providing fun, high-quality programs, we instill memories in scouts and families that will last a lifetime.
Thank you for bringing the vision to life.
Council Program Staff
|Alec Connolly||Council Camping Directoremail@example.com|
|Robert Ulrich||Program Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Julia Leith||Program Secretaryemail@example.com|
Event Planning Training
The Gulf Stream Council requires that all District/Council event organizers complete an in-person Event Planning Training facilitated by the Council Program Staff. See below for a list of upcoming training opportunities.
Program Calendar for 2020-2021
We've made several changes to our event planning process for the 2020-21 program calendar year. See below for a list of changes and a "step-by-step" guide to getting your event on the calendar!
Changes for 2020-21
- We've consolidated the Event Info Form, Event Budget Form, and Facilities Request into one "Event Planning Workbook", which also includes a Tentaroo Event Info Form and Event Marketing Form.
- District Executives will now function as the Event Staff Adviser for all District events.
- The guidelines for event flyers have been updated.
- We've added links to the BSA Branding Center and a OneDrive with Council Logos for use on event publications and flyers.
- A Program "Cheat-Sheet" has been added to our resources for a quick reference for requirements to open our camp's aquatics areas, COPE & Climbing, and Shooting Sports.
The Step-by-Step Process
- The 2020-21 Program Calendar was built in coordination with our District Executives, District Program Chairs, and Council Event Chairs.
- Event Planning Workbooks are due from each event no later than August 1st, 2020. After this date, we will open camps for reservations to the public. These should be completed in conjunction with your Event Staff Adviser.
Who is my Event Staff Adviser?
- For District Events, work through your District Executive
- For Council Events, work with Robert Ulrich, Council Program Assistant.
- Once your Planning Workbook has been approved, our program team will create the event reservation, update the event page on the website, and build your registration.