2016 SAILFISH DISTRICT PINEWOOD DERBY
THANK YOU to Melissa Shasteen from Pack 888, 2016 District Derby Chairperson, and her very capable team for running an awesome Derby!!!
Also, special thanks to the Martin County Sheriff’s Department and the Sheriff’s Grill Team for providing the venue and lunch!
Lastly, thank you to volunteers from ALL Cub Scout units who made this event run smoothly. We can’t run programs like this without everyone working together.
Congratulations to all participants who made it to the District Pinewood Derby!
Top finishers from the District Pinewood Derby (1st through 3rd place):
- Tigers: Ethan Cartagena, Grady Richards, Jackson Kegley
- Wolves: Camden Duke, Ryan Trail, Parker Basada
- Bears: Gabriel Paez, Brendan Dye, Drake Juarbe
- Webelos: Austin Fleming, Jack Duke, Athan Richards
OVERALL DISTRICT: Austin Fleming (Webelos), Jack Duke (Webelos), Grady Richards (Tiger)
Please note that the Top 3 Rank Finishers (Tigers, Wolves, Bears and Webelos) move onto the Council Pinewood Derby on May 14th 2016. If for any reason a scout can’t attend the Council Derby please ensure that information is passed along to: Melissa Shasteen, Kathy Boucher and Evan Reif as we will notify the 4th place, (5th place, etc. as needed) finishers for those ranks to attend in their place.
Let’s have 100% Sailfish Participation in all Ranks.
STUART MEMORIAL DAY PARADE
ATTN: CUB SCOUTS, BOY SCOUTS, VENTURERS, SEA SCOUTS
- DATE: Monday, May 30th
- TIME: Meet at 9 a.m. at the corner of High School Ave & East Ocean Blvd., Stuart
- NEED TO KNOW: Wear Class A’s, bring unit flags, banners, and/or props to express your patriotism.
We will be marching together, by unit. Individual scouts are welcome, but all youth must be supervised by an adult along the parade route.
Please encourage all participants to stay and attend the following service in Memorial Park.
HELP A VET: Contact Tony Reese at 772-288-5448 if you can help transport a vet to/from the parade.
ROUNDTABLE MEETINGS: ALL LEADERS & INTERESTED ADULTS: CUB SCOUTS, BOY SCOUTS, VENTURERS & SEA SCOUTS
- LOCATION: LDS Church, 2401 SW Matheson Avenue in Palm City
- DATES: 2nd Thursday of each month (no RT meeting in June or July)
- TIME: General meeting starts promptly at 7:00 pm, breakout sessions to follow