2020 Cub Scout Resident Camp!!!!
Resident Camp is still Moving Forward as Planned!
The Gulf Stream Council expects to hold Cub Scout Resident Camp as scheduled. We will continue to closely monitor and follow official guidance concerning the coronavirus threat and provide relevant updates as they develop.
- Cub Scout Resident Camp is a 3 day, 3 night overnight council organized resident camp, giving Cub Scouts the opportunity to experience everything Tanah Keeta Summer Camp has to offer!
- Cub Scouts will get to experience the FUN and ADVENTURE of Boy Scout Summer Camp with a program tailored to meet the needs and advancement of the Cub Scout Program.
- Campers will be divided into Dens based on their rank to complete the various adventures.
- Campers will complete a variety of Adventures relating to their respective Cub Scout rank over the course of the camp. Activities will range from BB Guns, Climbing and Repelling, Arts & Crafts, Ecology, Swimming, and MORE!
- Scouts will have the opportunity to work on their requirements for the various Cub Scout Shooting Sports Awards, the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award, and the Order of the Arrow Cub Scout Camping Award.
- Scouts will eat in the TK Dining Hall, enjoying food prepared by our very own certified Executive Chef! Scouts will sleep in our Summer Camp A-Frame Tents on our Summer Camp Cots.
- Our Camp is Nationally-Accredited, and our highly commended Summer Camp Staff is solely centered on providing your scouts with an unforgettable summer camp experience!
- Cub Scout Resident Camp creates memories, fosters leadership, and produces model scouts for years to come!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- All Tiger, Wolf, Bear, WEBELOS, and Arrow of Light Scouts are welcome to attend. Scouts should register as the rank they will be at the end of the 2019-2020 school year. (eg. If a scout will be finishing 2nd grade, going into 3rd grade, they will register as a Bear)
- Scouts do not need their unit to participate! Families are welcome to participate. Siblings may participate as long as their parent is also attending camp.
- With the exception of Tigers, who need to attend with their adult partner, not every parent needs to camp. Each unit must send 1 adult leader per every 1-4 Wolfs, 1-4 Bears, 1-5 Webelos, and 1-5 Arrow of Lights per unit.
- Note that if a scout is not attending with his unit, then he must attend with his parent or guardian or make an arrangement with another unit. This must be put in writing and submitted via email to the Camp Director prior to attendance.
- An adult must be at least 21 years of age and a registered leader or participating parent. A registered female adult leader 21 years of age or over must be present for any activity involving female youth. National Scouting Policy requires two-deep leadership: two registered adult leaders/parents. Cub Scout Resident Camp maintains the above ratios of Leadership to ensure BSA’s National Standard is met. In the instance that a Pack does not have a second or subsequent leader/parent, we will pair those scouts and leader with another pack to allow them to attend.
- If the unit is attending Cub Scout Resident Camp, they are responsible for all of the registered members of the unit. The unit leadership is responsible for supervising their youth.