Remote Activity Workshops FAQ
- For a scouts class schedule, session registration help, or Tentaroo assistance please contact Julia Leith at email@example.com.
- To get into contact with a specific merit badge counselor, session leader, or ask a detailed question about a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to teach a class, if you are a merit badge counselor for RAW, or for any other inquiriesincluding missing the Zoom Session Link, please email Mike McLoughlin at email@example.com.
Please note: Due to the high volume of inquires regarding our Remote Activity Workshops, email is the BEST way to get ahold of any member of Team R.A.W.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I registered for a class, but did not see a time listed?
- All class dates and times are listed at www.gulfstreamcouncil.org/rawschedule2020. All class times are held in EST, unless otherwise noted.
- My pack/troop/district/council does not use Tentaroo. How can we receive a blue card?
- Tentaroo is the platform you used to registered for the session. After approximately 1 week, you can log into Tentaroo using your registration account details and download the scouts requirement completion report which you can then print, email, or send any other way to your unit advancement chair for proper recording. We do not automatically update Internet Advancement, Scoutbook, or handle blue cards due to the mass volume of scouts we are serving.
- I registered for a class, but did not receive a link?
- Links are emailed out to registered participants the evening before the course, between 6pm and 10pm. We send the link to the email you provided in your Tentaroo account upon session registration. If the scout IS registered for the class and have not received a link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Class registrations closes 1 day prior to the class for logistics.
- I registered for a class, but need to cancel?
- Just like any other event, log into Tentaroo and cancel your scouts registration from the event. If you need assistance with Tentaroo, please email email@example.com.
- I registered for a class, and my scout will have a friend join him, Is that ok?
- Yes, but it is your responsibility to make sure the merit badge counselor adds them to their roster so he can get credit. Must include Full name, Troop #, and council, as well as the group name listed in the Tentaroo account he is associated with.
- I don’t see a way to receive scoutmaster approval on your website?
- It is the scout’s responsibility to obtain permission from his scoutmaster prior to starting a merit badge. Please only register for a session if proper approval has been obtained.
- The session my scout wants is full, can you add him?
- No, class numbers are restricted so that we can guarantee that scouts are receiving the best quality program. We are working with our counselors to add more opportunities every day. We are looking for volunteers. If you are interested in helping us out, please fill out the form at www.gulfstreamcouncil.org/raw2020
- When will more classes be added?
- As they become available. RAW is volunteer-led. We announce new class additions on the Gulf Stream Council Facebook Page daily between 2pm and 10pm. Class sessions will open for registration at 9am EST the following morning.
- Will my scout earn the entire award?
- Requirements vary per award and will only be marked as complete if all requirements are met. Our counselors will do everything in their power to help a scout complete his award.
- How can my scout complete an award if he obtains a partial during the session?
- The counselor should provide their contact information so they can record any requirements after the original class sessions.
- How long are the sessions?
- Class sessions vary based on topics. Please note some classes are more than 1 session. Typically, classes will total 2-4 hours. All class times and dates are listed at www.gulfstreamcouncil.org/rawschedule2020
- Are your class instructors certified merit badge counselors?
- All of our Instructors are registered adult leaders with the BSA and have passed a CBC and gone through YPT. Any adult who teaches a merit badge is also registered as a MBC for their class, and the same applies for NOVA’s and other awards.